Yes, I do think something as common as the ubiqitous 4,3 cadence would have
been expected: wether they thought merely indicating the root chord was
sufficient and that players would themselves automatically play a 4,3 is moot;
presumably for professional players not required, but for beginners (the buyers
of such books)?

Regarding the use of 'modern' chord names, they are not, of course, just used
by modern guitar players but more generally employed.  The problem with
Alfabeto is also indicating commonly appearing harmonies  such as Am7  ie

0
2
2
1
3

which are not (I think offhand) covered by such additional systems as
Foscarini's 'alfabeto dissonante', Calvi's 'alfabeto falso' or Ricci's 'lettere
tagliate'.

MH

3