Yes, I agree with most of this (especially forgot about M's special notation
which further shows that 4,3 cadences would have been played). However I'm not
so sure that professional/more accomplished amateur players wouldn't have used
a more comprehensive harmonic language than you seem to suggest - hard to prove
of course since in the nature of things their extempore playing is not
recorded.  However the very existence of F, C and R's extended Alfabeto shows
that at least some were aware of the shortcomings of the basic chords.

But odd that none of them shows the common Am7 chord which I gave
earlier..........

MH