     From: Lex Eisenhardt <eisenha...@planet.nl>
     Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Valdambrini's evidence
     To: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Friday, 19 November, 2010, 9:49

      Dear Martyn,
      you wrote:
         > However, I don't think this is quite the same as saying, as I
      think Lex
         does, that players (even the amateurs at which the tablatures are
      often
         aimed) would have routinely (perhaps even always) sought to avoid
         inversions by selective strumming.
      What makes you think that I believe that??
      I have no idea what was done routinely ('even [by] the amateurs'),
   and
      do not pretend to know what was (perhaps) always done. Nor what was
   _
      never_ done, for that matter.
      best wishes, Lex