You asked me what I thought of Alexander Dean's views, to which I answered
quite seriously.

I think you could have explained it using simpler, more direct language rather than using wordy acaemicspeak..

My goodness. Apparently you have not understood a word of it. As you seem to have missed most of what Alexander Dean has said in his (400 pages indeed) dissertation this doesn't surprise me.

There is a very marked change in style in the solo pieces in book five from the earlier books. The whole of Foscarini's book reflects quite rapid changes taking place between 1629 and 1640. A microcosm of what was happening then.

So for alfabeto songs from the 1630s then?

Lex