   From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
   To: Monica Hall <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
   Cc: Vihuelalist <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 3:41 AM
   Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Strumming as basso continuo {was: Return to
   earlier question: {was: Agazzari guitar [was Re: Capona?]}
     Thanks Monica,
     It is a realisation of the bass line but, because of the requirements
     of the instrument, not always with the written bass part as the
   lowest
     note on the guitar:  I guess we'll just have to agree to differ on
     this.
     Incidentally, the practical considerations for the theorbo also
   applies
     to earlier music (eg Monteverdi et als) as well as Locke and later.
     regards
     Martyn