François Pinard wrote:
[...]
I did not really take position about if Vim or Emacs are better than one another, or wrong altogether :-). But I do have an opinion: both are great editors, each with their own many virtues and few weaknesses, each being a good source of inspiration and ideas for all open-minded people. Vim better fits who I am nowadays, but still, I'm convinced that anyone blindly despising either of these editors (that is, beyond friendly teases and without happiness in the heart) is publicly making a fool out of himself, proving that he is either ignorant or stubborn.

OK, I'll take my medicine.
- I don't know Emacs well enough to have a valid opinion regarding it;
- I like Vim so much I have no incentive to learn Emacs;
- Discussion of Emacs features is not really on-topic on a Vim list.

Best regards,
Tony.