I would guess and suggest to look at NIS authentication. Does the time it takes to open the file in another editor take as long?

Sean

Jagpreet wrote:
Hi There,
   I use putty to connect to remote server with telnet.
        Not using the graphics version because of high speed with consol
version.

        In the recent time I have started working some other remote server
and I copied all my vim data(.vimrc, .vim) to this server as well.

When I use vim command to open a file it is extremely slow in opening the
files.
        Sometimes the time to open the file is almost 90 seconds.

Please suggest where the problem can be.

Regards,
Jagpreet