Andrei Voropaev wrote:
[...]
> > It's difficult to decide when to leave this editing mode.
> > Also because you can make a typo, and expect Backspace to correct that.
> > If the key exits completion mode you can't go back to what you were doing.
>
> It's strange that you are saying "it's difficult to decide when to leave
> the editing mode". As soon as there are no matches after my editing, the
> completion shall stop, just like it stops when I don't hit the BackSpace
> key. Or do I miss something? I mean, why appending to what I've typed is
> different from modifying it? Essentially it's just different way to
> modify the input for the completion function. From my naive point of
> view, the logic should be something like following.

When you have 500 matches you can type some more characters to reduce
the number of matches.  But you may make a typo and end up with zero
matches.  Then it's nice you can press backspace and type the right
character.  Otherwise you would have to start completion again (e.g.,
with CTRL-X CTRL-O when you were doing omni completion).

34. You laugh at people with 14400 baud modems.