Hi!

I hit the problem in vim yesterday when I wanted to run fish shell
(http://fishshell.org) within vim and soon got informed that the
problem is
that Vim expects to see posix-compliant shell which fish is not.

Googling a bit brought me to this thread http://tinyurl.com/3cgns7
which
provides 'workaround', i.e. putting something like:

if $SHELL =3D~ 'fish'
   set shell=3D/bin/sh
endif

at the beginning of one's ~/.vimrc.

However, the 'workaround' means only to be able to use shell with vim
when one
has fish as default shell, but not using fish.

Short discussion on #vim confirmed that, somehow, vim has posix-
compliancy
hardwired, so the question is if there is some prospect in the future
that vim
can execute posx non-compliant shells like fish?

After switching to xmonad WM, i (mostly) replaced gvim with vim
running it in
fullscreen session and I'd be more than happy being able to jump into
my
default (fish) shell to perform e.g. darcs-related tasks and not
having to
switch to another fish term.

Moreover, after 'discovering' the shell-problem, I was quickly
ridiculed  by some emxxx users :-(

Sincerely,
Gour