hermitte wrote:
>> I'm not sure how many people are interested in on-the-fly
> compilation.
>
> I'm not really because I program mainly in C++, and my
> experience demonstrates that after the first error it is not
> uncommon to have the compiler completely lost. Thus I know
> this will be a very complex task, and I'm not sure it can be done.
>
> However, I do am interested in something able to understand
> C++ constructs in order to built even more powerful code
> transformations and generations.
> As such, this GSOC project may initiate the development of
> the API I'm missing.
> Hence I'm looking forward to it.

Me too! This project will either never see the light of day, or it will perform
miracle and work in only a slightly irritating fashion.

In both cases, it would have been better if the effort had been directed at
something more productive.

Consider the issue recently raised by Dominique Pelle: People editing C++ code
would
really appreciate a bit more intelligence applied to the tags feature so that
Ctrl-]
would try a bit harder to jump to the correct overloaded name. That would be
tricky,
but more achievable and much more worthwhile.

I don't see how the intelligent tags request would be assisted by work from
on-the-fly syntax checking because common sense confirms Bram's point that
writing a
generic syntax checker ain't really going to work (and would be unnecessarily
complex).

John