Hello everyone,

This is another student who is applying for the on-the-fly code
checker project in GSoC.

On Apr 14, 2:59 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> However, I do am interested in something able to understand C++ constructs in
> order to built even more powerful code transformations and generations.
> As such, this GSOC project may initiate the development of the API I'm
> missing.
> Hence I'm looking forward to it.

Would it be useful to have a mechanism for Vim to do some "background"
job? By using threads etc.

Another feature becoming possible with this API would be an on-the-fly
tags generator. When SOME threshold is reached, we can call a
background thread to refresh the tags, which can be in turn reflected
in the tags window (which is supplied in the Taglist plugin).
But fine tunes should be given for the threshold. The same problem
exists for syntax checker.

Would anyone find this useful?

Lin