On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:49 PM, björn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have nothing to add to this thread as a whole, but since it was
> brought up let me just quickly comment on the MacVim.git repository.
> All I am doing now is tracking the trunk of the svn repository which
> turns out wasn't perhaps the best idea as the commit messages are
> completely useless (had I tracked the 7.1 or 7.2 branches the proper
> messages would have been there).  Also, I'm not sure if the trunk is
> getting updated to 7.2 or if it will stay with 7.1 until 7.2 is out of
> beta.  Switching to the 7.2 branch seems kind of complicated so I'm
> just staying on the trunk.  It might have been better had I not
> tracked the svn repo and simply applied the patches myself but I
> didn't really have a good grasp of how the Vim source got updated when
> I started the repo so...

I found the "right" way to import the patches while preserving the timestamp.
I'm in the process of rebuilding the whole git repo from scratch.
I'll post again once it's ready.

This thread was not useless. I'm not trying to replace or enforce things here.
I'll personally use this repo later to send patches to Bram accordingly.

--
Christian