2008/6/26 George V. Reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> 2008/6/26 Milan Vancura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> please stop one thing: some of you act as if creating git repository means
>> deletion of CVS and SVN trees and Bram's e-mail client! I don't remember so
>> hot
>> discussion when SVN started (and CVS was already up) so why now?
>
> MacVim is already in a git repository:
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building has the necessary
> incantations, if you want to take a look at it. Looks like Bjorn
> hasn't merged in the 7.2 changes yet.
>
> I've just spent a few minutes playing with msysGit on Vista against
> the MacVim git repository. Both the command-line tools and Git Gui
> seem to work fine, and I like the history visualizer. My testing was
> fairly superficial, but Git now seems to be adequately supported as a
> native client on Windows, which wasn't the case last year.

I have nothing to add to this thread as a whole, but since it was
brought up let me just quickly comment on the MacVim.git repository.
All I am doing now is tracking the trunk of the svn repository which
turns out wasn't perhaps the best idea as the commit messages are
completely useless (had I tracked the 7.1 or 7.2 branches the proper
messages would have been there).  Also, I'm not sure if the trunk is
getting updated to 7.2 or if it will stay with 7.1 until 7.2 is out of
beta.  Switching to the 7.2 branch seems kind of complicated so I'm
just staying on the trunk.  It might have been better had I not
tracked the svn repo and simply applied the patches myself but I
didn't really have a good grasp of how the Vim source got updated when
I started the repo so...

Björn