On 25/05/10 14:19, James Vega wrote:
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:21:43PM +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
On 24/05/10 23:52, Jordan Lewis wrote:
[...]
I should have worded my post better - I did mean the directory of the
file as you indicate. And the patch doesn't blindly name all undo files
the same if they have the same filename - with a common undo directory,
the files will be named path_to_vim73_Makefile.un~,
path_to_vim73_src_Makefile.un~, etc.

- Jordan

Ah, well, I guess that's one detail missing in the help: under
'undofile' it is said that the "name" of the undofile is specified
by 'undodir', but 'undodir' specifies the _directory_ of the
undofile, resending to 'backupdir' for details, but nowhere (that I
can find) does the help specify the _name_ of the undo file.

 From :help 'undodir'

     "." means using the directory of the file.  The undo file name for
     "file.txt" is ".file.txt.un~".
     For other directories the file name is the full path of the edited
     file, with path separators replaced with "%".

My bad, I didn't read attentively enough.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Whistler's Law:
        You never know who is right, but you always know who is in