2010/5/25 Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@gmail.com>:
> Nikolai Weibull wrote:

>> That said, I think persistent undo is more or less useless and, well,
>> just a big pile of potential problems.  Persistent undo is in the
>> version control system, not in the editor.

> I think this is a bit harsh.

And I think persistent undo is a lot problematic and only a bit useful.

> Not every file is in version control.

And that’s the problem.

> And even if you do use a version control system, persistent undo
> allows you to undo with a smaller granularity than simply
> reverting revisions in version control system.

One user added a FileWritePost autocmd to commit changed files to Git
whenever he saved.  Not that I’d recommend that, but that’s a
solution.

> Users of Vim find different features more or less useful.

And persistent undo is on par with window tabs in terms of usefulness,
just above floating point numbers.