On Feb 17, 2:13 pm, Ingo Karkat <sw...@ingo-karkat.de> wrote:

> Right, you mean C:\Windows\Sysnative. Microsoft offers a hotfix that backports
> this to Windows XP and 2003 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942589), but few
> will have this installed, and documenting all these hoops is a real hassle.

You're my new hero, this works perfectly. After applying the hotfix, I
can do this:

        " Note, 64-bit Windows doesn't let Vim access the real
system32 folder
        " by default, so add an alias to this directory to the path if
one
        " exists to allow us to access any important files which might
be
        " missing from the SysWOW64 directory.
        if isdirectory('C:\Windows\Sysnative')
          let $PATH.=';C:\Windows\Sysnative'