From: On Behalf Of Ingo Karkat
> > Actually I don't think it's a big issue on modern Windows systems. I'm
> > on XP 64-bit. Starting with Windows Vista, supposedly you can use a
> > special path alias to get to the non-redirected folders. Also, XP 64-
> > bit is not widely used, and I imagine they've worked out some of the
> > missing apps in the 32-bit folder with Vista and later. I don't like
> > "you're out of luck if you don't use 64-bit Vim" but I suppose I can
> > accept it if it works in Vista and later.
>
> Right, you mean C:\Windows\Sysnative. Microsoft offers a hotfix that
> backports
> this to Windows XP and 2003 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942589), but
> few
> will have this installed, and documenting all these hoops is a real
> hassle.

Speak of the devil. Since this thread I ran across
C:\Windows\System32\gatherNetworkInfo.vbs. Curious, I right-clicked,
"Edit with Vim" and received a blank file with the status line
'"C:\Windows\System32\gatherNetworkInfo.vbs" [New file]'. I can edit
the file by doing
:e C:\Windows\Sysnative\gatherNetworkInfo.vbs

Understandably, the Sysnative part does not auto-complete, but once I
got to the 'g' I could autocomplete the filename.

So there's one real-world case. I really think this needs to be noted
in the help, if nothing else.

...Stu