Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On 06/11/08 22:40, Linda W wrote:
> 1. Select some text visually (using e.g. the v key then cursor moves)
> 2. Press and release the double-quote key.
> 3. Press and release the plus key.
> 4. Press and release the y key.
----
        I've already selected the text via the cursor...all I want to do is
to copy into the windows clipboard and paste it somewhere else.

What Erik Hahn wrote:
> No wonder - the command is "*y , with an asterisk instead of a plus. You
> press them in succession.

Fixes/addresses the problem.  "*y works but "+y does not.

So why do some people's vim (Erik, me) work with * while others
find + works fine?

It'd be nice that whatever the reason - if it is some setting or the phase
of the moon, that the menu would dynamically display the key binding to do
the associated action -- that would solve this problem no matter which way
it is setup.

Now why my * works over +, I don't know.

I don't know why, but "*y works  --

Now I need to figure out how to get my menu fixed to match reality
rather than some pre-ordained config (no doubt I have something weird in
my setup that caused this...  I use different versions of 'vim' all over the
place.

Sigh...