fritzophrenic wrote:
> However, let me clarify:
>
> Even though "+yiw yanks to the * instead of the + register,
> it also yanks (correctly) the windows clipboard. I can paste
> the word in other applications. Also, I can still use "+p to
> paste into Vim.

A lot of confusion has been sown on this topic, so let's clarify even more:

"+yiw has NO BUGS whatsoever. It correctly yanks to the + register. It performs
exactly according to the documentation.

The PECULIARITY is that, at least on some versions of Vim/Windows where this has
been tested, the :reg command claims that "+ is empty, and that only "* holds
the
result of the yank.

I would like someone to explain the background to that peculiarity (I haven't
yet
got around to seeing if the source offers an explanation).

John