On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, John Teffer wrote:

> >inch. Screen resolution is generally presumed to be 72 ppi.

Screen resolution is 72 dpi period.  It can't be changed in
software.  Unless you have some super cool CAD monitor (mega bucks) your
monitor is built at 72 dpi.

> 640 x 480, 117Hz
> 800 x 600, 95Hz
> 1024 x 768, 75

I don't know why this is referred to as "resolution".  Since I've been
messing with computers (PCs or macs) these have been called
"resolution" settings.  We can probably blame Microsoft for this.

> They're just out to mess with your head I say.

Yup.

-Brian