--- Teri Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which I would do, except that these are in all in
> one cases.  It looks like
> I'll have to take out the sled that holds the
> motherboard, to even get to
> the cables.  It doesn't look like a quick & easy job
> *grin*!  I'll play
> around with it a bit more and figure out a way to
> format the drive if it
> comes to that.  I got these to play around with, so
> I want to make sure I get my moneys' worth!

There isn't a way to bypass the edge connector*
for the SCSI on those Macs. You'd be better off
getting a DB25M to CEN50M SCSI cable then finding
an external SCSI case with the normal internal
SCSI and power connections. Then you can pull the
adaptor off the drive and connect it to the external
SCSI port of the LC520. That setup will come in handy
a lot if you're planning to do a bunch of work with
Macs. :)

*Well, you could do some major hacking on the wiring
harness and have a Mac dismantled all over your
worktable.... Might just be best to get a IIci or
newer Mac that isn't an all in one type. :)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"