At 14:48 -0500 04/03/04, Jim Foster wrote:

At one point, Apple made both a CD and a "pile of diskettes" version of this package available for purchase from them. The diskette package has a Disk Tools disk and that's the way I would get an older Mac with an empty hard drive to boot up. So you might hunt around for an OS 7.5.3 or 7.5.5 Disk Tools disk to try booting from, just in case that OS reacts any differently to a 2 Gig hard drive than does the 6.0.7 OS you are currently using.

If you would like me to make you a 7.5.5 Disk Tools diskette and mail it to you, send me your mailing address by private email.

Thank you. I have all of the 7.5.3 bundle on my G3 and 7.5.5 upgrade in disk images. I'll try to make a startup disk. I couldn't make a system 6 startup on this machine (Mac OS 9.2.2) that works on the IIsi. Somehow, after installing on a diskette from a disk image, the System Folder gets a regular folder icon -- not blessed -- and the IIsi does not recognize it as a startup disk.

Harold Mauro