on 3/4/04 8:24 AM, Haroldo Mauro Jr. at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi, I need help with the following:
>
> I got these two external SCSI Hard Disks yesterday, with 520M and 2G
> capacity. I connected them to a PowerMac 6100 and formated both in
> Mac OS Standard format. Then I tried to make them work on a Mac IIsi.
> I got the 520 disk out of the external cabinet, removed the jumper to
> set the SCSI ID to zero and installed it inside the IIsi cabinet. I
> connected the other one (2G) into the SCSI port, with SCSI ID 6. I
> started the computer from a floppy. It didn't see the internal HD. I
> tried several times. It acknowledged the presence of another "large
> volume connected" by presenting me a message that said I needed a
> 68040 or PowerPC processor in order to mount a volume larger than 4G,
> even though the HD's capacity is 2G only.  Any ideas?
>
> Thank You
> hmauro

The 6100 uses a differing file system than the IIsi. For best results you'll
need to put the drive into the IIsi and format it, then add your operating
system.

You may have to steal the 6100's SCSI drive cable-set and forked power
cable, hook the CD ROM to the IIsi with the lid off and place your CD in and
using the 6100's CD ROM Extensions, add your OS that way.

Jeff