--- simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i have a differential scsi PDS card for my IIfx and
> it has a single
> ended connector what i use for the internal
> harddrive. What purpous was
> the differential connector? it looks the same as a
> normal 50p internal connector.

Differential SCSI is wired almost totally different
than SE or Single Ended SCSI. DO NOT connect an SE
or LVD (Low Voltage Differential) device to a
Differential type port!

YOU WILL FRY SOMETHNG.

Most LVD devices have a jumper to make them work in
SE mode, some can also autodetect between SE and LVD
controllers but I always use the force SE jumper.

The advantage to LVD and standard Differential SCSI
is the cable lengths can be much longer than with SE.

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 5th, (Sat) 6th & (Sun) 7th, 2005
http://www.fandemonium.org