The Scanfob is not omnidirectional and is not, in our opinion suitable for
anyone who has no vision, although it might be usable by someone who is low
vision.

The KDC300 is omnidirectional.

Neither plugs in, they use bluetooth to communicate.

The scanfob is about $299 and the KDC300 is about $549.

I did a review of both on the Digit-Eyes blog a month or so ago:
http://www.digit-eyes.com/Blue_Tooth_Laser_Scanner_Reviews.html

and

http://www.digit-eyes.com/blog/

if you get either scanner, we have completely reworked the user
instructions so that they are accessible (partially based on suggestions
from Judy Dixon).

I met with SerialIO (who sells the scanners) last week to demo the
instructions and to ask them to distribute the accessible ones rather than
the inaccessible ones that they have, but I did not get the impression they
were very interested.

We've posted them to our website, together with accessible instructions for
setting each scanner up and using it:
http://www.digit-eyes.com/using_KDC300_with_the_iPhone.html
http://www.digit-eyes.com/using_Scanfob_2002_with_the_iPhone.html

I've also used two additional products that we'll be reviewing shortly; the
Koamtac laser sled and also the laser glove, so stay tuned...