Oh, that's what I thought. Wishful thinking that one could just snap a picture
and read a new card when the replacements come in the mail, but I guess not.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nancy M
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 10:29 AM
  Subject: Re: Digit-eyes working with an Itouch

  The credit cards are not bar coded; they are magnetically encoded into a
special 'stripe' area on the back of the card.   The device includes a Magnetic
Stripe Reader (MSR).  To get the card to be read,you have to slide it through
the special reader that is part of the device.

  I think without the MSR, the device may be less expensive.

  You might want to contact serial io directly and ask them:
  http://serialio.com/support/index.php