I haven't had a lot of luck with the looktel money reader either. My
iPhone is less than a month old so I'm sure it's not the camera. I've
had more success with eyenote, which I believe is an app from the
treasury dept.

As for the other looktel app I don't have it and so can't comment.

Kimber

On 6/8/12, Grant Hardy <grantha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've posted in the past about the Looktel money recognizer being
> unable to read any of the currency I throw at it. As of yet I've
> never, ever had a bill be spoken. It doesn't matter if I put it on a
> table, hold it in front of the camera, move it around, expose
> different parts of the currency, and so on.
>
> The object recognizer also doesn't work particularly accurately and
> often gives unexpected results. A good example is that I've actually
> put, well, bills, into the database, and these are always mixed up.
>
> You don't suppose I could have a subtle problem with my camera, do
> you? We don't notice anything when taking photos, but maybe there's a
> subtle scratch on the camera or something? Do you have any ideas why
> the Looktel apps would be behaving so oddly?
>
> Best,
>
> Grant

Kimberly