Thanks all for the input. An update on my situation. Someone at work
told me to sign out and then back in to my account, which I did. I
have also turned off iCloud Library in Settings, and for covering
bases, also turned off Apple Music and then back on. No change. Grant,
thanks for your ideas and suggestions. I haven't really used Time
Machine on my Mac yet but this situation gives me a good reason too. I
have made a Genius Bar appointment at my local Apple Store this
Saturday to try and sort everything out. Since I did not find my music
on the Mac, which was very disappointing, I'm beginning to think that
I will have to establish my library and collection all over again. A
tedius process to be sure. I have wondered during this process if one
of the changes in iOS 9.3 might have caused part of the issue. I
recall reading an article in January, which was widely circulated by
the way, about the 9.3 beta. It said that Apple would be giving people
more control over their music so that they did not have to use iTunes
to manage music as much. I'm wondering if in the process of enabling
this control, my entire library was mistakenly zapped. Anyway, that
will be one of many questions that I ask the Apple Genius, along with
what the point is of having iTunes Match if my music disappeared or
will disappear after 6 months. I do have a few albums which I cannot
find on Apple Music, but if I can keep a copy of the music on my Mac
and carry that with me from phone to phone, then that might serve my
purposes. With Apple Music turned back on, I can at least stream
albums and currated playlists from Apple, which is tiding me over for
now. Though I miss the vast collection. I have started to look into
Google Play Music as an alternative, but the one big thing that Google
doesn't have which Apple Music excells in are the curated playlists,
such as "intro to," "deep cuts from," and so forth.

Sincerely,
Wayne

On 3/23/16, Brett <brettst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, its pretty much duplication these days. The only reason you would want
> it these days is if you have music that cannot be found on Apple music, if
> you iTumes match it you can stream it on any of your iDevices. It is also a
> good way to ucgrade dodgy music to better quality, but that's less necessary
> these days with streaming services offering simelar quality.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett.
>

> Sent from Brett's iPhone
>
>> On 23 Mar 2016, at 2:59 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
>>
>> I don't have an answer, but just out of curiocity, if you subscribe to
>> Apple Music isn't subscribing to iTunes Match duplication?

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My website:
www.wayneism.com