From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Mary Otten
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 8:23 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Choppy voiceover with Apple TV

Hi Sieghard,
I am not the best person to answer that question. I found about this arc by
googling HDMI pass-through, because somebody had said, actually I think more
than one somebody, that having HDMI pass-through would probably solve my
problem. Having never heard of HDM I passed through, I'm having no idea that a
sound bar might have an HDMI input, I learned some stuff. But precisely how it
all works, I still don't understand. It has to do with the audio somehow
getting back to the TV. And it has to do with making sure the full surround
signal gets out to the sound bar. But like I say, I really don't pretend to
understand it exactly. I do know that the old receiver we had did not have this
HDMI return, so we do have common links between the problem now and the problem
with the older TV. That is to say, no HDMI return in either case, and relying
on optical output in both cases. Different speaker set ups completely as you
might imagine, since the older set had surround, and this is just a sound bar
with the TV. So, it is just a guess, but it seems to fit my circumstances.
Sorry for the lousy answer.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2016, at 9:45 PM, Sieghard Weitzel