From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Scott Davert
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:22 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Maccessibility] Google Releases Official YouTube App

Hmm. From what I've been reading on AppleVis, it is accessible, but
not in the conventional method. Which begs the question of what
defines accessibility? is something not accessible if you cannot
accessit using the standard functions of your screen reader? As I
understand it, the Sign in process can work without disabling
VoiceOver. Essentially, the app is divided in to columns, and the
standard flicking left and right gesture does not work. However, if
you touch the screen in the appropriate place, VoiceOver is able to
give the info to you. But to get to the other column on the screen,
you have to tap something on the right side of it, and then tap the
left side to get back to that series of columns. I'll have to play
around with this when I get the time, but as I understand it, this is
how it can be done.

Scott