If all else fails, try this. connect your phone to iTunes and then put it into DFU mode. This will give you feedback from your screen reader and you'll know if iTunes is still seeing the phone. Be sure to choose the update and restore button instead of just restore. I think you have to hit the first restore button to get that second update and restore button to come up. This will give you a clean install just in case something went wrong some where. Then maybe you can update from iCloud to get some of your settings back.

On 9/19/2020 8:25 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:

Gordon,

Yes, I also did an iCloud backup before upgrading to iOS 14. I didn't expect my restoration of my encrypted iTunes backup to bring back iOS 13.7. I just wanted to get all my settings back with iOS 14 which is what usually happens when you do an iTunes restore. However, my iPhone just has a Apple logo on it which appears for a few seconds then disappears and then repeats. I'll try to do a recovery with iTunes again before going to the Apple Store.

Alan

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Gordon
*Sent:* Saturday, September 19, 2020 6:46 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: Caution against following advice to reset settings when reporting iOS 14 issues to Apple Accessibility

You're encrypted backup isn't going to work since it's a 13.7 backup and your phone is running 14. If you're lucky your phone might just be stuck in recovery mode and didn't actually try to downgrade back to 13.7 which I'm not sure if Apple is still signing that anymore. Do some google searches on ways to get your iPhone out of recovery mode to see if any of those suggestions will work. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will boot up in IOS 14 and you'll just have to set up as a new phone. Do you backup to iCloud as well? If so, you might be able to restore from that.