You forget that along with security fixes new updates don't only change things
and, as is true, sometimes introduce new bugs, they also introduce new
features. One I particular like in iOS 14 is the ability to give photos a
descriptive caption. I  only just upgraded so I'm sure I'll find more things I
like along with the bugs, but just as with Windows, Jaws and any other
operating system or software, upgrading ultimately becomes inevitable and I
personally prefer to learn as I go, to potentially know about work-arounds
rather than having to make a huge jump if I'm forced to learn a new iOS which
might be 2 or 3 versions ahead of what I had because maybe my old phone gave up
the ghost or was stolen and I had to get a new one which came with the latest
version of iOS.
The same goes for Windows, on some of the lists I am on there seriously are
people who just upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 10 because their 15-year
old computer finally quit and now they are entirely helpless and face a much
larger learning curve than if they had already switched to Windows 7 and to
Windows 10 earlier. It's of course everybody's choice, but to rant about a few
new bugs in a new iOS release does not add to the solution, upgrading and
reporting said bugs does that. And yes, I know also that many say they have
done so many times and why if bugs were reported throughout the beta cycle are
they still there in the public release, I don't know the answer to that and
it's frustrating, but maybe it's simply because Apple software engineers didn't
get around to fixing them yet by the time the release date came and it's of
course just as useless to say that then the release date should have been
postponed, such dates are set well in advance and they are the reason why
updates come out throughout the year, there never will be a software release
without bugs.