What is the proper use of the lock button to achieve resetting if not five times. I think you can also hold down the button for similar results?
Is that true?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Lamanche" <andrew.laman...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: problem quitting applications with home button

Thanks for the warning, dAvid. I shan't use it again.
On 27 Oct 2012, at 04:46, David Chittenden <dchitten...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pressing the lock button five times quickly is a bug that crashes the springboard. Apple does not recommend this method for resetting iOS or VO. In fact, it is the only method which ever corrupted data on my iOS device. Use at your own risk.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone