Hi,
 Hope all of you are doing well.
I purchased an iPad back in 2018. I purchased it mainly for note taking on the
go whenever I had to attend meetings, conferences, and other events where my
laptop isn’t practical, especially on long commutes. I had a MacBook Pro which
can easily get heavy for me with the additional accessories.
Oftentimes, I come home feeling tired because my muscles hurt from carrying the
gear around, but let’s keep in mind that I’m a very petite person, so that
surely makes a big difference, and less is certainly more. With the pandemic, I
used the iPad less except when going out side on my back yard which I prefer
over my laptop because it’s considerably less costly to replace the iPad than
it is to replace my laptop if it accidentally breaks when it falls on the
concrete floor.
If you will be doing a lot of work on the go that requires note taking, I’d get
the iPad mini or regular iPad with bluetooth keyboard. I have a bluetooth
keyboard case I got from Amazon and it has a backlit keyboard which is
excellent for those who are partially sighted.
When I went to an NFB convention years ago, a lot of blind people used iPads
with refreshable braille displays as their notetakers rather than the dedicated
braille notetakers. Now it is getting harder to choose between the iPad and
laptop since they are now so similar in function with the advanced M1 chips.
For the price, you can either consider the MacBook Air if you want to fully
transition to the Mac, but if you own a windows computer, you can get the iPad
mini or regular iPad with bluetooth keyboard and braille display if you are a
starter in the apple ecosystem.
I have  the MacBook Air and like it because it’s more ergonomic and smaller
than the MacBook Pro which had to be replace since it’s tapered at the bottom

Thank you.

.