Well, I don't know about the BrailleSense, but on the iPhone there are two forms of reset. Reset all settings and erase all content and settings. Reset all settings just resets some or all of the settings the user may have customized. Erase all content and settings, however, effectively restores the iPhone back to factory settings, as if powered on for the first time.

Christopher Hallsworth