Hello there. Let me introduce an opposite viewpoint to what some of the other
messages have said on this thread. First off, I have never had unlimited data.
When I started my AT&T account a couple years back it was one or two months
after they stopped offering. Actually now that I think about it, I started my
account in the summer of 2010. In any case, I had 2 GB for $25 monthly. I
rarely went over 1 GB of data. There were times when my home Internet was down,
or I used my phone to watch a lot more videos than normal. Usually I listen to
a lot of online radio streams and Pandora. But even then, I did not go over one
gig that much. All I am saying is that if you are comfortable with the amount
of data that you have been using, like you pointed out at the beginning of this
thread, then you should be okay in going with an unlimited minutes and text
plan in order to share the data. I would do this even if it meant saving 20 or
$30 per month. In my specific case it was two iPhones on the account, one with
2 GB of data and the other with three because of the new data plans. I had a
non-smart phone for an additional $10 per month. These three phones were
sharing a family plan of 700 minutes and unlimited text. When I decided to
upgrade the third phone from a regular non-smart phone to an iPhone, I was
going to have either 300 megs for $20 or three gigs for $30. However after
doing the math, I would actually be saving money if I went with a 4 GB share
plan with unlimited minutes. This would allow me to have the three iPhones on
the account sharing 4 GB between the three. Additionally we would have the
mobile tethering which we would no longer have to pay extra for. Even with this
plan the three phones have yet to even go over 2 GB of data. So there is all
this extra data that is not being used. Of course AT&T will let you rollover
minutes, when you have a limited minute plan, but they will not let you roll
over unused data. Of course not, that is there moneymaker. Since I am
comfortable with the amount of data used on my plan every month, having
unlimited minutes and unlimited text is a comfort. We can be on the phone all
day and all night if we want and not worry about it. In theory you could say
the same thing about your unlimited data now in terms of using your phone.
However if you have looked back on your data usage, you know that unless
something drastic changes, you will not use a lot of data. Obviously I cannot
tell you what's going to be better for you, all I can say is what has worked
out for me. I merely wanted to bring an opposite point of view since several
other people have suggested they would rather keep the unlimited data. By the
way, people who have unlimited data have that data throttled after using so
much. The phone gets so slow that it is not really that much worth using it
anyway.