Hi Krister,
I had the same problem, and I have some sight. what I was missing is
that on each side, there two flaps that need to be folded in before it
is assembled.

When you unfold the stand scan and have it laying flat on a table, you
will have five rectangles, for going across and one above. The light
strip should be all the way to the