From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sandratomkins
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:31 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Standscan pro - I admit defeat

Krister,

    Now, the question has to be, have you managed a scan yet? I am guessing
that the positioning of the phone might be a challenge, in which case,
together with some handy marker dots, your Home-Help person might be able to
afix them for you? Then all should be plain sailing!

    Looking forward to hearing of your success!
    Sandy.

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Mar 2013, at 11:48, Krister Ekstrom <kris...@kristersplace.com> wrote:

> Hi all and thanks so much for all the help. I have now with the help
> of a home helper managed to get the Standscan to stand up propperly,
though how it's done is way beyond me, so i'm not going to even attempt to
take it apart unless forced to. Let's face it, i have never been a good
builder, and never will. I see the principle, but i couldn't do it myself
even at gun point.:-) Thanks to everyone who had the patience to try to
teach this idiot and a very special thanks to Anne Robertsson who actually
phoned me up to try to teach me.
> /Krister
>
> 28 mar 2013 kl. 15:30 skrev Krister Ekstrom <kris...@kristersplace.com>:
>
>> Hi all.
>> I knew i was stupid, and that if on a web site, it says that setting up
something is as easy as pie, then i will be fighting with the damn thing for
weeks on end without succeeding. This is the case with the Standscan pro. If
i set it up as it looks to be set up and then put my Iphone 4s on it, the
box will budge and start leaning towards me with the result that the iphone
falls off before i even can make an attempt at scanning with it. There is
obviously something my stupid pea sized brain can not fathom, and it's
probably really easy but i'm too dumb to understand it, so i guess i'll just
admit defeat and use a desk top scanner or something. But before i deem the
Standscan pro worthless, i will once more beg for help on this list. I need
really simple step-by-step total idiots guide to putting the standscan
together, because even after Annes good explanation of how to do it, i still
can not get it to work, it just isn't stable enough.