Hello ron,

I am sure it could be done, but if you wanted this to be portable you would
have to use 1/8 inch plywood and even then it would probably be much heavier
than the Standscan.

I guess as early adopters you always run into the problem that the product
you bought might be improved and you end up with a version that is not as
good as that which is made after feedback and improvements are implemented.

Harry sent me an email today saying that the new production run is made from
thicker cartbord which is laminated on both sides hence is more durable and
that they use magnets that are 180% stronger and they also improved the
location of the notch for the cable. Oh well, it's still a good product and
I at least will mostly use it at home where I don't mind if the thing is
just setup and has a few pieces of tape on it.

I assume a few strategically placed Velcro strips might help for those of us
where the magnets don't work all that well.

slightly thicker
heavier by a multiple