This is true even for those with some sight!  It almost an exercise in futility
trying to get an app to the page you want it on. I don't know how this could be
made easier, and perhaps Apple doesn't either.

On Apr 11, 2013, at 7:14 PM, "Rose Combs" <rosecom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 12 on the iPhone 4S and I was just thinking, someone should create an app to
> make moving apps easier.  I spent 3 hours one night trying to put just a few
> apps in folders, then had more screens with stuff scattered all over the
> place.  I finally gave up, went to setting and had it put them all back in
> alphabetical order, pushed newsstand to page 6 where I don't usually have
> any apps, moved my Fahrenheit back to my home screen and stopped messing
> right there, oh, yes, I did put the stocks app in the utilities folder also.
> Then I can tell Siri to open an app and I don't have to go through 4 and a
> half pages to find it, or if I want to drive my husband crazy, I start on
> page one flick through each then to page two and so on.  Worked better than
> an alarm did at waking him up one afternoon.  He just had to know what that
> flicking noise was since generally I seldom employ that method of exploring
> a screen just use a finger and more often  than not in many cases tap the
> app I want without having to hunt for it.  I don't usually need to hear all
> 12 apps on my home screen to know that the temperature is going to be in the
> right hand corner just above the dock,.  I was actually thinking of moving
> mail out of the dock since I don't use my phone for mail and putting the
> temperature in in the dock since it is something I want to know when I am
> leaving for work or leaving work especially in the last few winter months.

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Louie P. "Pete" Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpnalda