Hey all. After careful deliberating I decided on going with the Plantronics M50 again as my replacement. I like it enough to buy another one after losing mine last Friday. In looking at the top 10 headsets, and yes, they are all called headsets, sold on Amazon, the M50 is currently at number 2. It used to be at number 1 for a long time, but considering the fact that this isn't the latest and greatest single-ear headset around from them, it's saying something. I agree with Neil that the microphone leaves some to be desired, but for the audio playback, the size, and the comfort, it's still a winner for me.

Just to recap, the following are a few pros and cons of the Plantronics M50.

Pros.
1. Small and light-weight.
2. Easy and quick power on/off switch.
3. Good audio supporting A2DP.
4. Easy to pair with any Bluetooth device.
5. Long battery life.
6. Uses standard Micro-USB charger. Not proprietary.
7. Can wear all day with little or no ear fatigue.

Cons.
1. Answer/Hangup button doesn't start/stop playback of audio.
2. Answer/Hangup button can be pressed by accident if you are on a call and try to adjust the headset, erm, sorry, ear piece. <grin>. 3. Voice announcement of low battery or power on/off seems to be set to maximum volume regardless of what you set the headset to.
4. Microphone for phone calls isn't very good. At least with my voice.

So, there you have it folks. I've posted about this M50 before on this list. So, feel free to look at those messages to see what else I've said about it.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
No one sits in my spot. - Sheldon Cooper