Hi Krister,

There are apps available which in combination do most of what the Seeing Eye
app does, but if those were all as good and complete than why were so many
of us looking forward to the Seeing Eye app? People have very different
needs and expectations when it comes to navigation apps and devices. May
already owns a Trekker Breeze and for anybody who does have one of those I
can totally understand why the Seeing Eye app is not as attractive. Of
course you have to carry 2 devices, but the advantage also is that you
aren't using up your iPhone's battery. Oh, and none of the existing apps,
not a single one, tells you automatically about intersections, e.g. if it is
a 4-way, 3-way etc. I always found this a  very useful feature when I had my
Windows Smartphone with MobileSpeak and MobileGeo. It is interesting how
often I heard somebody saying "If only there was an app for the iPhone as
good as MobileGeo". MobileGeo which required MobileSpeak to function, was
$800 or $900 and MobileSpeak added another $300. I think we all forget what
we used to pay for these devices, only a year ago a Trekker Breeze was still
$900 and only now it's on sale for $500 (Humanware lists it regularly at
$700) here in Canada and I think to a large extend that price drop is
because of devices like the iPhone and apps like Seeing Eye which are a much
more cost effective solution in the long run even if they are not for
everybody.

OK, this is it for me in this discussion as well. I will most definitely buy
the Seeing Eye app because I am confident that it will work well and be
improved down the road. Oh, incidently, if Sendero had chosen to sell it
outright for $200 with no subscription cost there would have been just as
much outrage about it.