  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:49 AM
  Subject: RE: Bad experience with iTunes Store support regarding app refund

  Hi Cara,

  I agree and think that unless Apple comes up with a better way to do this
they should be willing to give Voiceover users a refund without the hassle. I
must say, however, that I really like that 15 minute return policy Google
apparently offers, but of course trying to get Apple to do something like that
is not just a completely different ball game, it's a different sport!

  If Apple was really concerned that this would be abused, they could request
proof that somebody is actually visually impaired or they could limit refunds
to a certain number per year. I am very sure that given their computers they
could easily track this on somebody's Apple Id.

  If you are getting involved in this feel free to use my below messages as an
example, I am pasting the message I sent without the purchase details, i.e.
order number and all that, as well as the response I received.

  It was obvious that the person who responded somehow seemed to understand the
situation, but on another level she apparently didn't. She summarized my
request by saying I "inadvertently " purchased some apps which of course is not
at all the case and not what I said.

  Here is my initial message and her reply which makes me think she really
didn't get it despite the fact that she said it was an "appropriate exception"
and they would refund me the money which still has not happened: