I'm not sure about any Microsoft products, and I haven't done it with Windows itself, but I have asked for refunds on computer equipment, applications and web services when they didn't turn out to be accessible. Sometimes this was within the products return policy and sometimes it was after trying out the demo/trialware. The bottom line is that we should try out a product before purchasing it when we can, look for reviews, check the return policy first and so on, but if a product doesn't meet our needs then of course we can look for a refund. This is no different than a sighted person asking for a refund when whatever they purchased didn't meet their needs or expectations.