Hi Sieghard,

If restoring from iCloud, all your passwords are restored as well.  I mentioned
iTunes wireless sync because, although yes, its syncing, a part of the sync
process is backing up to iTunes.  So I figured some might go this route just to
wirelessly back up their device.  But, it really boils down to how often your
device is connected to your computer really.  My iPhone and iPad are never
connected since I have iTunes match so have no need to sync media via iTunes.
And since iCloud backup can be done using cellular data, I can do it almost
anywhere on the planet, and restore using it too. haha.  I do save a backup to
my Mac every so often, maybe once every 2 or 3 months just for safeties sake..

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info