I typically keep wifi and bluetooth on on my phone. Wifi also helps in location tracking accuracy. I don't want to forget to turn wifi on when I have a wifi available to me since I want to keep my cellular data usage down.

I also like the convenience of just being able to turn my bluetooth head set on and have it connect to my phone. Bluetooth is a relatively minor impact on your battery usage.

I generally charge my iPhone each night, but if I'm using the phone a lot or I'm not going to be near a PC or AC outlet then I'll start shutting things off to stretch my battery a bit. Just because some of us have easy access to a power supply doesn't mean everyone does or that we'll always have such easy access to top off the charge on our iPhone battery.

On 6/7/2014 1:45 PM, Alan Paganelli wrote:
Joseph, that's exactly right. I had to force myself to learn to tell Siri to turn WI-FI off when it's not needed. The same with Bluetooth. For example, when listening to a downloaded book on the Bard reading app, I may be reading for an hour or more. Turning off WI-FI and Bluetooth makes a big difference.

Regards,

Alan

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone
hasn't met me yet.

Please click on:

HTTP://WWW.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
There, you'll find free files of my arrangements and performances played on the Yamaha Tyros 1 keyboard. The albums in Technics format formerly on my website are still available upon request. Thanks for listening!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph FreeTech" <joseph.freet...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: NFB June Braille Monitor/Article on the iPhone

Hi all,

One of the major battery hogs is Wi-Fi. You'd be surprised the amount of
days you'll go when Wi-Fi is disabled.
Yes, sometimes an inconvenience, but the life of your battery is not
determined by time, it is determined by amount of full charge/discharge
cycles.
In other words, if your iDevice goes through the charge/discharge process
daily, and if you change how you use your device to conserve battery life to 2 or 3 days, then you will double or triple your device's overall lifespan.
Its been said that in general, using a lithium-ion battery, one has about
500 charge/discharge cycles before battery no longer holds a strong charge. The cool thing about iPhone users is that within a couple of seconds one can
turn on and turn off Wi-Fi using Siri.

Joseph

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cristóbal" <crismuno...@gmail.com>