Andrew Black wrote:
> Can I run a subset of the make test - it takes me 40 mins to get to the
> point of failure (reminds me of batch Fortran jobs at university).

First off, use "Build test".  Module::Build provides a Makefile.PL/make/make
test/make install for compatibility but to eliminate possible complications in
that wrapper code you should use the native Build.PL/Build/Build test/Build
install.  Note that "Build" is an executable generated by Build.PL in the
source directory so you'll have to apply whatever necessary VMS voodoo to run
that.

If you want to run tests individually use "prove" which comes with the latest
Test::Harness.

    ./Build && prove -I$PWD/blib/lib -I$PWD/blib/arch t/this.t t/that.t

Or you can just roll your own.

    ./Build && perl -I$PWD/blib/lib -I$PWD/blib/arch -wle 'use Test::Harness;
runtests @ARGV' t/this.t t/that.t

Or cut Test::Harness out of the picture entirely and look at the raw output.

    ./Build && perl -I$PWD/blib/lib -I$PWD/blib/arch t/this.t t/that.t

The absolute paths to blib are necessary because Module::Build likes to chdir
in its tests and "prove -b" uses relative paths.  Translate to VMS conventions
as necessary.