Craig A. Berry wrote:
At 9:57 AM +0000 2/28/07, Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) wrote:
Hi
A quick progress report.  I worked out roughly what is going on but hadnt
had time to write up in more detail. I am now on holiday and don't have
access to the machine at work.

It is doing funny things with path names. I have added some diagnostics and it is trying to add .exe to perl.;1
The regexp seems to handle the ;1 but not the .;1

******* $thisperl=disk:[scratch.perl595.][t]perl.;1
******* $thisperl becomes disk:[scratch.perl595.][t]perl.;1.exe

print STDERR "******* \$thisperl=$thisperl\n" ;
    if ($proto->os_type eq 'VMS') {
      # VMS might have a file version at the end
      $thisperl .= $exe unless $thisperl =~ m/$exe(;\d+)?$/i;
    } elsif (defined $exe) {
      $thisperl .= $exe unless $thisperl =~ m/$exe$/i;
    }
print STDERR "******* \$thisperl becomes $thisperl\n" ;