On 2/13/07, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andrew Black wrote:
> Can I run a subset of the make test - it takes me 40 mins to get to the
> point of failure (reminds me of batch Fortran jobs at university).

First off, use "Build test".  Module::Build provides a Makefile.PL/make/make
test/make install for compatibility but to eliminate possible
complications in that
wrapper code you should use the native Build.PL/Build/Build
test/Build install.

None of this applies because I don't think he's building Module::Build
independently of the core, and its questionable whether Module::Build
is even functional enough on VMS to build itself.  It wasn't the last
time I tried it, but that was before my last big patch, so it just
might work now.

Note that "Build" is an executable generated by Build.PL in the
source directory
so you'll have to apply whatever necessary VMS voodoo to run that.

Build.com is a command procedure, which VMS folks would never refer to
as an executable even though it's something you can run.  If the
current directory is in DCL$PATH, you can just type "Build" --
otherwise it's "@Build".