Myron,

What you say bears merit for 'the poor un-educated user' as you term him.
I had assumed the reader of this list had a fair amount of computer savvy
and was teaching his users to use their heads (I know I certainly have
done that and about 30% of my users report ANYTHING suspicious to me -
keeps me busy!)  With one exception, all my users, even remote, operate
behind a router which provides a fair measure of protection. It is hard,
nay almost impossible, to protect against a user who opens e-mail
attachments or clicks through ads on the Internet (and I have educated my
users that that is high risk behavior).

I think you advice is good.  I will try to temper my advice and only quote
my experience with the caveat that what I recommend is only for the
sophisticated user.

Alan.

Alan Watchorn
Eshelman Appraisals, Inc.